- When I’m annoyed about something I have a tendency to mutter, and chunter to myself.
- Toilet rolls must go on the toilet roll holder with the loose end facing the wall, not into the room. If I stay in a hotel, I always switch the loo roll round the other way, even though I know the maid will switch it back again in the morning. I know, that is really anal, if you’ll pardon the pun.
- I loathe shopping, especially for clothes, and for shoes in particular.
- I don’t like talking on the phone, I would much rather talk to people in person, or send a letter, or e-mail.
- I am a terrible car passenger, even when I’m not driving, I’m driving. I can’t stare out of the window at the passing scenery, or God forbid fall asleep, I have to watch the road at all times.
- I always have a piece of silly putty on my desk, it’s about the size of a grape, and when I’m thinking something over I squeeze the putty between my fingers. When I lived in England I used to use blue-tac which you can’t get over here, in fact when I was moving over here, my work mates bought me a huge pack of blue-tac as one of my leaving gifts. :-)
As usual I won’t be tagging anyone else, but if you’d like to play along feel free to do so.
This recipe is a bit of a swizz (English slang word for cheat), as who needs a recipe for fruit salad? None of you guys who read this blog that’s for sure. But there are just so many lovely fruits around at the moment, and the picture looked so pretty that I thought I’d share it. This fruit salad is a combo of honeydew melon, oranges, strawberries, and some lovely organic grapes I found at the store.
It’s delicious just as it is, or you could top it with ice cream, or cream, or both if you wanted to be really decadent. I didn’t have either. I know, I know! What sort of a domestic goddess am I if I don’t have ice cream and cream? One who lives a long way from the store, that’s what. Anyway I did have some plain yogurt and strawberries, so I swished a cup of yogurt and some chopped strawberries in the blender, and it made a yummy topping.
Raquel at http://kitchenmysteries.blogspot.com had an interesting post last week about The Big Read, you can also find it on my other blog at http://grandlakeink.blogspot.com If you like to read I think you’ll enjoy this list.
Now Raquel, if you’re reading this avert your eyes, as this is a picture of some of our first homegrown watermelon.
This is called Sugar Baby Watermelon