In the meantime, I'll leave you all with this scrummy salad recipe, and hope you all have a fabulous weekend.
Lemon Chicken Chow Mein Salad
2 chicken breasts
Juice from ½ a lemon
Black pepper, to taste
A drizzle of olive oil
1/2 a package (about 3 ounces) chow mein noodles
A handful of sugar snap peas, (about 4 ounces) halved lengthways
½ yellow (red or orange) pepper, thinly sliced
A handful of beansprouts
A couple of sprigs of fresh basil, leaves removed and torn
3 tablespoons olive oil
Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Pre-heat BBQ grill to low.
- Brush a large piece of heavy-duty foil with olive oil. Place chicken on foil, drizzle with the juice from ½ a lemon, and add a couple of grinds of black pepper. Seal foil loosely around chicken.
- Place chicken on BBQ and cook to desired doneness. Remove from foil a few minutes before end of cooking time and brown a little on the bars.
- Meanwhile, cook chow mein noodles according to package directions, transfer noodles to a colander, rinse under cold water and allow to drain.
- While noodles drain, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl mix all ingredients together and whisk lightly with a fork.
- Divide noodles between 2 bowls, throw in the sugar snap peas, peppers, bean sprouts and basil. Pour a little of the dressing into each bowl and toss lightly to coat.
- Slice the chicken breasts and arrange on top of the salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.