It’s not often I make desserts, but this was really good. And I didn’t even need to switch the oven on, as this cheesecake cooks right in the fridge/freezer, perfect.
I like my cheesecake plain, but feel free to dress it up with fruit, chocolate, or whatever else floats your boat. And if you like this recipe there are plenty more in the cookbook. It’s only a measly $12, and all proceeds go to a great cause.
1 cup finely ground honey graham cracker crumbs
1 cup finely ground pecan shortbread cookies
1 stick butter, melted
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Place crackers and cookies in a Ziplock bag and crush to a fine crumb with a with a rolling pin.
- In a large bowl, mix cookie/cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press into a 9-inch springform pan. Place pan in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, whip cream until it forms peaks.
- Fold cream into cheese mixture.
- Spread mixture on top of cookie crumbs.
- Cover pan with foil and place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from freezer and place in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.