I've been tagged by Raquel at http://kitchenmysteries.blogspot.com so here goes.
What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was working as an Education Programs Coordinator at a museum in Northern California. Rather a grand title, but basically I was teaching kids about archaeology and local history. God knows how I swung that one, as I knew nothing about archaeology and very little local history, but I’m a quick learner, Mrs. Munro.
5 Things On My To Do List for today:
- Answer this tag.
- Update my other blog, Grand Lake Ink.
- Call my dad in England.
- Do some more work on my book.
- Try to get a worming pill down one of my cats.
To see instructions on how to give a cat a pill visit my blog at http://grandlakeink.blogspot.com this really made me laugh.
Two of my cats, Alvin and Tommy Ticklemouse are outdoor/indoor cats. Lately they have been catching a lot of mice and baby rabbits, as evidenced by the entrails left on my porch. Yesterday, Alvin had to go to the vet for his annual injections, so the vet did the dirty deed on him. He always makes it look so easy, but when I try to do it it’s more like the episode described on my other blog.
5 Snacks I Enjoy:
I’m not really a snack eater, probably because most of the snacks I enjoy are English, but in no particular order
- Lancashire cheese and branston pickle butties, (sandwiches if you want to be posh).
- Caramel Wafers (chocolate or plain).
- Jacobs Cream Crackers, with any sort of English cheese.
- Walkers Crisps (plain, cheese & onion, or smokey bacon).
- Soreen Malt Loaf with lashings of butter.
In fact, all the snacks I enjoy are English.
Five Things I Would Do If I Were A Millionaire:
- I would prop up our flagging economy by doing my damndest to spend it all.
- I would open a publishing house that dealt exclusively with new/first time authors.
- I would give a whole bunch of money to my family, and set up trust funds for my grandchildren.
- Give money to charities to alleviate hunger, homelessness, and cruelty to animals.
- I have been very fortunate in that I have already traveled a great deal in my time, but there are still many places I would like to go, and many I would like to return to. I love travelling by train, so would love to go on the Orient Express, and the Trans-Siberian Railway. I also hate flying, so wherever possible I would travel everywhere by boat and train.
Five places I have lived:
- Colne, Lancashire. England
- Chatsworth, in the San Fernando Valley, Southern Cal.
- Benicia, Northern Cal.
- Oxnard, Southern Cal.
- N.E. Oklahoma.
Five jobs I have had:
- Checkout Supervisor at an Asda supermarket.
- Executive Officer in the Civil Service.
- Education Programs Coordinator.
- Administrative Assistant and Production Coordinator at an engineering company.
- Freelance Writer.
I will skip on tagging anyone else, no disrespect to you Raquel, but I’m not really a fan of these meme things. However, if you read this blog, and would really like to take part, feel free to do so.