I served this tart with Mediterranean potatoes, which you can find here:
and the remaining asparagus, which I roasted and served with a drizzle of lemon juice and a dash of Parmesan.
Leek and Asparagus Tart
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 leeks (white and pale green parts only) thinly sliced
1 sheet puff pastry
10-12 asparagus spears, trimmed
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup Parmesan, shredded
1 ounce sliced almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium heat, add leeks and a generous dash of black pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes. Set aside while you prepare pastry.
- Cover a baking tray with baking parchment and grease with a little butter.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry into a rectangle. Place pastry on baking tray, and score a line about ½ an inch from the edge around the pastry sheet. Don’t cut right through the pastry.
- Spread the leeks out evenly within the scored rectangle, and bake for 10 minutes until the edges have puffed up.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400F
- Arrange the asparagus spears on top of the leeks, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and cream and pour over the veggies.
- Sprinkle with the sliced almonds and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.